Time & Location
Apr 24, 2022, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Sheldrake Environmental Center, 685 Weaver St, Larchmont, NY 10538, USA
About the event
Join Katy Romita and Beth Leas as we celebrate Earth Day - surrounded by Mother Nature at the beautiful Sheldrake Environmental Center. This is the perfect time and place to reflect, reconnect with ourselves, and explore the path of mindfulness meditation and our connection to the Earth.
We’ll spend an afternoon in community and in nature, exploring simple ways that we can all walk more gently on this earth. Learn what you can actually do to make a difference for the climate. Embark on some fun within the beautiful oasis of Sheldrake's nature preserve to envision the future you'd like to see. Sink into the beauty within yourself, as well as the beauty all around us, with some guided meditation, reflective writing, and other practices that encourage you to look at the world with fresh eyes. Leave Sunday evening feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
The afternoon will include:
- Mindfulness Meditation
- The Art of Inquiry - Reflective Writing
- Tips and Tools for caring for our shared home, Earth
- Guided practices to help you envision the future we want
- Plenty of time to spend in nature
Everyone welcome. Come as you are. No experience needed.
Things to Bring:
- A Journal, Notebook, Looseleaf Paper - whatever you love to write on.
- Favorite Writing Pen or Pencil
- Water and a snack
- Comfy walking shoes if you want to wander
- Comfy clothes (layers if you tend to cool off when you are meditating)
- Yoga Mat and Towel - if you like to lay down while meditating (and whatever else you need to be comfortable on the ground). If you like to meditate in a chair, you don't need to bring these.
Beth Leas is a seasoned lifelong spiritual explorer, Passionista, Lover of FUN, Transformation Sherpa, Chi Wiz and Goddess of Laughter. Throughout her extensive healing work over the past 30+ years with adults and children of all ages, she has witnessed the amazing transformation of people embracing their inner strength. Her down-to-earth sessions and workshops- both virtual and in-person- combine her gift of intuition with her personal practice of mindfulness, compassion and light-heartedness. www.bethleas.com
Katy Romita is a Certified Meditation Instructor, recently featured in Good Housekeeping for her work combining meditation and environmental action. Katy aims to help both beginning and experienced practitioners bring more peace into their own lives and into the world. You can find Katy on Instagram and Facebook at @onesmallstonesustainability and on the web at www.onesmallstone.net.